garden update

We have been enjoying corn for about a month and tomatoes have been ripening with more regularity after sitting green on their vines for what seems like months (the second photo is an heirloom tomato variety easily confused for a pepper). I started peppers from seed back in may and they are now rewarding my patience growing larger than I thought they could. Weeds have continued to flourish, as you can see in the pictures, but I think I can hold them off for another month or two. After talking David H. not long ago I realized that I didn't give the credit due to our green beans for making a great comeback and providing us with enough to make several pots of beans and potatoes. We also have some fresh broccoli and the kale continues look great even though I haven't harvested any for about a month. A few weeks ago I planted some spinach and kale in hopes for some more late fall veggies. Thanks to all of you who continue to check up on the garden and ask how it's doing.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful dude. I have definite garden envy, considering the japanese beetles hit me pretty hard this year.

David said...

Thanks.
The bare area to the right of the corn was once brimming with squash until they were diseased by cucumber beetles and squash bugs.

Anonymous said...

yeah, they (squash bugs, etc.) were ferocious this year. I had them last year too, but not nearly as bad as this year. they actually didn't touch the veggies, just the plants and so I got plenty out of each plant before they succumbed to the bugs.

myoldblog2009 said...

squash vine borer - asshole.

squash bug - asshole.

japanese beetle - TBD.

praying mantis - big brother.