rabbit damage and demon dog, or hope abounds

The garden continues to grow larger but it has yet to yield much in the way of nourishment. Kale has been the big early success and lettuce will be making its way into some salad bowls soon enough. We have also been able to pick a couple of strawberries out of the two hanging baskets. The local rabbits enjoyed a two-night feast of bean leaves which I thought would seriously infringe on my dreams of large pots of half-runners not to mention freezing some for winter. Surprisingly the beans seem to have fought through the attack and look to be producing the first of what I hope is a large amount of beans.

Rabbit Damage


Corn


Strawberries


The Garden


This is Baby Girl, our neighbor's dog. Baby Girl barks incessantly while I work in the garden but I have learned to ignore her. This picture captures the intense hate she harbors for our family.

0 comments: