Vacation

Last week we traveled to Seven Springs, Pennsylvania for a week of vacation. Jenn's parents reserved a condo for the week and we filled it up with eleven people. We brought our five plus Andrew's friend Aaron, my nephew Colin, Mike and Pam and Mike's sister and brother-in-law. Sunday we traveled to Greensburg and met my aunt, uncle and grandma, who live in Pittsburgh, for dinner. Most days were spent at the pool, reading and enjoying some of the activities at the lodge. Tuesday we spent the whole day at the lodge riding the alpine slide, climbing the rock wall, jumping on the eurobungy, playing miniature golf, bowling and swimming.

Before we left on Friday we decided to take one last ride down the alpine slide. Brooke and I were racing Andrew, going a little too fast, when our sled banked a little too far and we fell out and began to slide down the cement on our knees and elbows. We managed to get back on the sled and managed a tie in our race. In the process I thought I had lost one of my shoes but it ended up riding down under our sled. Brooke and I had to go to the first aid station to get patched up because we both have spots of road rash. We have been showing Andrew our wounds this week and reminding him, "You still couldn't beat us!"


Andrew climbing the rock wall.


Brooke climbing the rock wall.


This is one of my favorite pictures from the week. Aaron, Andrew and Brooke in line for the eurobungy.


Andrew doing a back-flip.


Mike and Colin racing Aaron on the alpine slide.

0 comments: